Nothing tickles me more than finding the things she leaves for us like the above note written in the corner of the kitchen blackboard. Tucked under the ongoing grocery list, I found that little nugget of happy the other day.
Other nuggets of happy this week?
- After a few weeks of wondering what the heck was causing such low water pressure in the upstairs shower, having (mostly) ruled out a catastrophic leak, I decided to clean the shower head. Mollie had mentioned reading that removing your shower head & soaking it in vinegar helped removed build up. We definitely had some of that going on, but who knew that was what causing the drop in water pressure? It’s an entirely brand new shower thanks to a cup of vinegar & 5 minutes of my time. I’m still high fiving myself five days later.
- I am fast at work on my latest & greatest endeavor that I’ve been babbling about to anyone who will listen since last spring. It sat simmering on the back burner for quite some time as I studied similar projects and made my mind up about how I wanted to approach this. I got serious back in January, when I set dates & firmed up a venue. I have a budget of zero, so the less I spend out of pocket prior the better. Which means doing my own website design. Completely overwhelming stuff, but after putting out a plea Wednesday on Facebook, I sat down on Thursday and figured out major, major stuff all by my big girl self. High five me. I might just overhaul this site with that knowledge once I get the new one up & running.
- I’m officially done taking apart MawMaw’s quilt. Now onto the repairing & rebuilding. Between the upcoming basketball tourneys & finishing out Breaking Bad, I have plenty of excuses to curl up in front of the tv with some nice handwork. (Because yes, the repair is mostly going to have to happen by hand.)
- I spent most of Tuesday afternoon outside soaking in the 70 degree weather catching up with several girlfriends. It was glorious. In the busy-ness of last fall, I forgot to make time for many friends. This winter did not help, so I’ve decided that from here on out this year, I’m making more time for friends. Tuesday I had tea with my dear friend Pat, then had a glass of wine with Mo later in the afternoon. When I went to bed, I realized I had gotten some sun – to the tune of my nose being just a bit pink. From here on out, I’ll be sure to wear my sunscreen, but that first bit of sun was a delight.
- Daylight Savings! More light in the evenings! Sure it stinks getting up in the dark again, but the last few weeks I’ve been waking up every morning at 5:30, so moving the clock forward, I was finally back on schedule. (Further proof I tell the universe which direction it should move & so it does.)
- Sign of spring – Soccer starts back up this weekend. The core of the team is primarily the sixth & seventh grade neighborhood girls who still play rec soccer, their best buds & soccer mates they’ve accumulated over the years. Which means they play really well together & some of these girls have played together a long time. Wandering by practice the other day (it’s on the field at school two blocks up), I realized how much of our spring & fall social life is centered around soccer. I really might be a soccer mom after all.
- Crocus blooming. Daffodils getting ready to. And the hint of a peony poking up through the soil. Peonies people! Nothing makes me happier than that.