Things that are currently making me happy:
- The front porch smelling like lily of the valley, thanks to the blooming patch next to it.
- Noticing what’s grown and what’s bloomed since my morning garden walk during my afternoon garden walk (and vice versa).
- Being able to grab fresh greens and fresh herbs out of the garden every night for dinner.
- Running out and grabbing a few pieces of lettuce for sandwiches as I pack lunches in the morning.
- Baby peaches, cherries, strawberries and blueberries on their various plants and trees. Now to get them before the critters…..
- Impromptu happy hours with neighbors and getting to know new (to us) ones.
- Continuing traditions with old neighbors.
- That golden glow in the afternoons.
- Leaves on the trees that sprung out during the rain the other night.
- The fact that every weekend I have a 3 day weekend.
- Every plant species in the front left bed under Edie’s window is blooming at once. Creeping phlox, wild geraniums, may apples, trillium and lily of the valley. It’s divine.
- The ‘side of the road’ garden that I’ve been working on for a good 8 years is finally coming together. It started as a ‘5 year plan’ that turned into a ’10 year plan’ and has been a true lesson in patience.
- Several friends cleaning out their closets, resulting in new clothes and new shoes (!) for me!
- Local asparagus is in at Reid’s Market.
- Our family and friends in Alabama made it through the storms intact.
- Despite starting the week feeling slightly overwhelmed by my to-do list and wondering if I could make it all happen, I did indeed do so and still found time to relax about it. I am learning to just let it go. What a great feeling. I should have figured this out years ago.
Happy Weekend Everyone!